I’d call this a FAQ but this site has, at the time of writing, been live for 15 minutes
so no one has asked questions yet. I’m just going to put answers to questions I imagine
people might have.
- What is this? an attempt to index P&S modcasts for easy access to information
- Why is this needed? because there’s lots of great information in these 2+ hour modcasts, but finding it is difficult.
- Why is this hosted on Github Pages? because it’s free and low-maintenance. I’m a software reverse engineer by trade, and web development bores and confuses me. I find front-end development and UX design especially tedious, and GitHub’s markdown stuff handles all that for me.
- I could do this much better! Cool! The JSON files are sitting there in the github repo. Take them and use them to make your own index. Seriously. That’s why I put them there.
- How do I contribute an episode index? Are you technically inclined? Clone this repository, create a JSON file describing the episode (use
126.json as an example) and put it in the
modcasts directory. Please name it
<episode_number>.json. Open a pull request and I’ll do the rest. If you’re not technically inclined, get on the P&S Discord and send me a list of timestamps and descriptions. I’ll put it into the right format.